"Color Study 5”, textured mixed media abstract by Colorado contemporary mixed media artist Carol Nelson

Color Study 5, 10x8 acrylic by Carol Nelson

The 5th in my Color Study series, this one has a little modeling compound applied to the paper before I started painting.  I was after a more muted palette than my usual boisterous color party.

I had not intended on doing a landscape, but it formed on the paper in front of me, so what else could I do.  The addition of the bush forms really confirmed that it was a landscape.

I like high horizon landscapes because you can do so much abstraction with the majority of the painting.  If you cover up the upper quarter of this painting, it becomes a total geologic abstract.


For more information about my Color Study series, and this painting, click here to go to my website.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Your work is awesome, love your fabulous sense of colors !